Drones have a number of uses within #architecture and one of those areas is #landscape architecture. Using #drones saves time and money by streamlining an architects understanding of a project.
Drones can assist in the design process as aerial imagery can be used to create high resolution maps that allows architects to better conceptualize projects. Having a better understanding of a project helps create higher quality more thoughtful design.
Devoid of drone data the architect will give their client concept images, rendering/perspective drawings etc of the proposed landscape design. Using drone data, they can present a map and design that gives the client a far better understanding of the plans for their project.
How can drone data be used by a landscape architect:
• Measurements can be taken
• Digital surface model (DSM) can be used to visualise gradient change
• Maps can be imported into AutoCAD or similar. They can be used to create an image trace of the project, outlining roads, building & existing landscape features
• Contour lines can be generate to understand the topography
• A 3D model can be used to gain a better understanding of project
drone landscape, drone landscape architecture, landscape architecture CAD, BIM, drone survey, drone photography, drone overlay, drone GIS, drone mapping