How landscape architects can add value to projects and win additional business using drone data
Drones can assist in the design process as aerial imagery can be used to create high resolution maps that allows architects to better conceptualize projects. Having a better understanding of a project helps create higher quality more thoughtful design.
Devoid of drone data the architect will give their client concept images, rendering/perspective drawings etc of the proposed landscape design. Using drone data, they can present a map and design that gives the client a far better understanding of the plans for their project.
How can drone data be used by a landscape architect:
• Measurements can be taken
• Digital surface model (DSM) can be used to visualise gradient change
• Maps can be imported into AutoCAD or similar. They can be used to create an image trace of the project, outlining roads, building & existing landscape features
• Contour lines can be generate to understand the topography
• A 3D model can be used to gain a better understanding of project
drone landscape, drone landscape architecture, landscape architecture CAD, BIM, drone survey, drone photography, drone overlay, drone GIS, drone mapping